Friday, April 13, 2007

And So I Begin...

I'm new to the blogging world so I guess I should probably start off with what got me here. In a nutshell - I'm 33 weeks pregnant and on bedrest. Does that spell it out? I'M BORED!!! :o)

Now about me. I just turned 30 (a little traumatic but I've recovered nicely) and I've been married to a pretty great fella for about 4.5 years. We met in high school and dated on and off until we decided it was time move forward and, luckily, we decided to move forward together. As my best friend Dana said at our wedding, "our love hasn't always been easy, but no true love ever is." Boy was she right. Our life is a fairytale but not in the traditional, Cinderella sense. It's a dream that can sometimes be taken for a nightmare (ok, nightmare is a bit of a stretch but you get what I mean). It's what every little girl wants when she grows up - with a huge dose of reality. Whatever it is, for us, it's perfect.

And then there's my babe. My sweetpea. My love. My Ana. She's 23 and a half lbs. of pure love and she's mine. I know everyone says this about their kids and I'm sure everyone means it but I'll say it anyway - she's the best thing I've ever done. She's smart and funny and sweet and tough. She's taught me more in her 18 months on earth than I've ever known. Isn't it funny how that happens? How is this tiny little creature that can't even tie her shoes capable of giving so much to a person? I don't know and I'm not sure I want to know. The whole "mystery" of it is part of the miracle if you ask me.

On to Baby U #2 - due out May 28, 2007. Yep, only 20 months apart if I go full-term. Totally planned but the closer we get, the more often I find myself wondering what we were thinking! I know it'll be fine but it's still scary. I just can't imagine having 2 little ones to take care of. How will I find the time to feed them both and play with them both and make sure they both eat??? And forget about the diapers!!! I know, I know, it all works out. Afterall, how have I managed to keep Ana alive and happy and clean for 18.5 months? I mean, she hasn't suffered any serious damage and seems to be quite smitten with me even now. I don't know how it happened but whatever it was better make it's appearance again in a few weeks when Baby U the sequel makes his or her debut.

Well, that's a small slice of my life. By all means, I'd love to hear your comments but if not, that's ok too - as long as I get to vent I'll be good :). I'm looking forward to posting the highs and lows and joys and struggles of, what else, being a mama.

No comments: