Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Ok, so I missed the second Foto Friday. Ok, so adding a weekly segment didn't prove to make me any better at this whole "keeping up with the sites" thing. Ok. But it's been a crazy week. Good crazy, bad crazy, crazy crazy. Next week will be better. Let's hope.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
My very talented friend Marisa has finally decided to go professional with her photography. She's so good at what she does and has been taking pictures for people here and there but now it's official. These are a few of the pictures she took of my girls. She uses natural light to capture life's true moments and is honestly amazing. She's done weddings, families, pregnancy and children but she's open to more. To see more of her work you can visit http://gallery.mac.com/marisa923/100047.
If you're in the Chicagoland or Northwest Indiana area and are interested you can contact her at 630.362.5074 or marisa923(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. Her rate for a 2-hour session with children is $100 and includes up to 50 proofs. She comes to your house so your wee ones will be in their own environment, providing for more relaxed pictures. Please contact her for the rates for events and family, pregnancy, and couples sessions.
Friday, April 11, 2008
My little girls have obtained a reputation for being "the most stylish little girls around". Not a title I gave them but one am I'm proud to declare. So, I'm stealing an idea I saw once a while back on another site because it's cute and very fitting (not to mention it'll force me to get us out of our pajamas and take some pictures!) :). Without further adieu, I introduce our first Foto Friday!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
For as long as I can remember, each morning when I'd go get Ana out of her crib (and big girl bed now) I'd pick her up and we'd walk over to her window. I'd open her blinds and we'd say "Good morning, world!" as we look outside for the first time each day. So two nights ago I put her into her bed and kissed her goodnight. As I was walking out she points to her window (with open blinds) and says...
Ana: "Mommy, close my world! You have to close my world so we can go to sleep!"
Amazing how they see things.
Monday, April 7, 2008
I was pushing her on her "princess bicycle" (as she specifically calls it every time) and she fell :(...
Mommy: "I'm so sorry, baby! Are you OK?"
Ana: "Yeah, I'm just fine. I'm just fine, Mommy. Ugh, I'm just like Daddy."
What exactly she meant by that is anyone's guess but my personal interpretation is quite, um, hilarious. :)
Friday, April 4, 2008
- Summer is my favorite season, by far.
- I'm in love with the names we chose for our girls, Ana Elizabeth and Madelyn Grace. I think they're perfection.
- I'm incredibly insecure around people I don't know. I never think they really like me.
- As hard as I try not to be, I can be judgmental.
- I love bad TV.
- I'm a wannabe - a wannabe photographer, artist, chic mama, interior designer, scrapbook queen, etc, etc.
- Since having kids I feel like I can't be 100% at anything.
- I love to sleep.
- I stay up way too late and always regret it in the morning.
- I'm married to my childhood love.
- I'm terribly afraid of dying.
- I'm even more afraid of losing someone I love to death.
- I overthink things.
- As much as I want to I'm not really positive I'll make it back to school.
- I NEVER saw myself as a stay-at-home mom. Now I can't imagine not having done this.
- I always saw myself having two boys. I have two girls.
- I worry daily about the things my girls will face when they get older.
- I always try to do the right thing, though I'm sometimes unsuccessful.
- I take things out on Anthony because he's my one sure thing. I know whole-heartedly it's wrong but I still do it.
- I can have fun doing pretty much anything as long as I'm with someone I like.
- I have a really close friend that I know I can count on for anything but we've never even hung out in person.
- I wish we lived really close to all of our friends and family, like, on the same block close. It's true.
- I can speak Spanish but pretend that I can't when someone speaks it to me.
- I miss my grandma.
- I make a mean stuffed shell.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
- You dance and then put one arm around your belly, bow, and say "thank you, thank you".
- Your favorite response to things now is "Nope, I'm good."
- You love your baby sister fiercely and with so much strength (literally speaking).
- You love, love, love purses, crowns, shoes, sunglasses, lipstick (aka chapstick), and Mommy's makeup.
- You sing to Madelyn ALL. THE. TIME.
- You call her Miss Maddie Mac (all dressed in black, with purple buttons, all down her back).
- You love to tell me how happy you make me: "Mommy, I make you soooo happy!"
- You have a temper.
- If you're upset you say "I'm so upset" and then you move on.
- You think EVERYTHING is funny...and cute. You're always saying "that's SO cute!"
- You love to make Maddie laugh. It's one of your favorite things to do and your so proud of yourself when she chuckles.
- Your favorite is still your Papa.
- Your new favorite doll is one Nana gave you a year ago that you've named Lily.
- You give awesome hugs.
- You're a jokester...always trying to "get us".
- You sing "To the left, to the left" with Beyonce.
- You dress yourself.
- You remember EVERYTHING.
- You pout.
- You love us BIG and we feel it.
- You are a miracle and we love you more than you'll ever know.
Happy two-and-a-half, sweetpea!
For more Wordless Wednesdays check out my new fave site 5 minutes for mom over here.