Monday, March 3, 2008

Baby Aidan


My good friend Angela's brand new baby boy was born with lung disease last Friday and I'm devastated for her.  

I have faith in God.  I know that things happen for a reason and that, although those reasons may not always seem apparent to us, He knows what He's doing.  I know, because of this, you're not "supposed" to ask "Why?".  But I can't help it.  Why does this have to happen to them?  Why does such a perfect little family have to be tested this way?  Why?

I can't find a reason.  But I've found that it's in these very situations that you must rely on your faith to carry you through.  I whole-heartedly believe in the power of prayer so I will pray for them.  I will pray for baby Aidan until he is home, safe, and healthy.

This is a big baby year for the people in my life.  Between distant friends and close friends there will be, by the end of this year, six new little people gracing our world.  I've come to realize how easily it can be taken for granted that women get pregnant and have healthy babies every day.  Truth is, it's nothing to be taken for granted.  It's a miracle in God's most precious sense.  Whether you had to try for a month or 7 years to conceive, whether you'd experienced the enormous weight of a high-risk pregnancy or had a perfectly uneventful 9 months, nevertheless a pregnancy and a baby are God's greatest gifts. 

I don't know who will read this but I do know some of you do.  So if you do, please pray for my friend and her family.  Pray for this tiny little baby boy that has come into this world to complete them.

No comments: