Sunday, December 7, 2008

Countdown to Christmas: Days 6 & 7

Yesterday was a rough day - for me, for the girls, with the weather, with everything it seemed. So as much as I hate to actually put this into words, we did NOTHING to countdown Christmas yesterday. I was exhausted and just not up for a whole heck of a lot so I'll hastily admit I surrendered to my utter laziness.

But today, today we had QUITE the Christmas countdown day! The girls and I made spritz cookies in the morning with the help of our cousin Christina. I have to say, as far as cookie recipes go, this is one of the easiest. Some butter, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and an egg. Seriously. That's it. Super easy. Super quick. And super yummy.


Ana loved it of course as she loves all things cooking/baking/helping/being all grown up like mama :). And this was Miss Maddie's first time helping to make the cookies and she did wonderfully! Complete impatience aside, once we got to the decorating part she was in heaven! I'm pretty sure her little fingers are permanently red but hey, small price to pay, right? Christmas activity #1, check!

While the girls napped I took a run over to the Super Wal-Mart and managed to get some more Christmas shopping done. I found what I'm sure will be THE HIT of Christmas morning for girls. I can't wait to see them open it!!!! Christmas activity #2, check!

After dinner, as we racked our brains thinking of something fun to do I found a few Christmas-y games that Ana could play on the computer. Needless to say she LOVED that. What's that, you say? I get to put my sticky little hands all over your computer AND you're not going to yell at me? Ah, a dream come true! Christmas activity #3, check check!

So I think I should be pardoned for yesterday :).

No comments: