Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

As part of our countdown to Christmas this year we here in Ullsmithland have made it our mission to do at least one Christmas-related event for every day leading up to the BIG day. And here's what we have to far:

Dec. 1 - The girls and I put up the tree in their loft. It was pre-lit so I just plugged it in and they decorated it themselves! Maddie didn't quite get it but Ana LOOOOVED it. "It's soooo beautiful, Mommy. This tree is just so beautiful!" is how she described it.

Dec. 2 - We put up the big tree in the family room. Once again, a HUGE hit with the sweetpeas.

Dec. 3 - Perhaps my very favorite Christmastime memory to date (not just this year!). The four of us curled up on the couch, ate popcorn, drank hot chocolate, and watched the 1964 classic "Rudolf" cartoon. This, my friends, is what it's all about :).

I would love to say that I have a list of our daily events to come but honestly I have no clue what's next. And you know, I kinda like it that way!

No comments: