Tuesday, April 7, 2009

32

32 and a few weeks old.

OLD.

This last year has made me feel old. I've learned more in the last year than ever in my (adult) life - more about myself, more about people around me, more about life itself.

I became Mama to two toddlers.

I became a business owner.

I became a new friend, and then lost those same friends.

I became consumed with my own life and fell short to the most honest and true friends I'll ever have.

I became uncertain of so much and spent a great deal of time worrying about the future.

I let the darkness of that worry chip away at my marriage.

I started to become someone I never wanted to be.

I learned what it felt like to do without.

I still found happiness in every single day through the eyes, the smiles, the hugs of my girls.

I took back what was rightfully mine, became a true business owner, and saw our potential for the very first time.

I slowly but surely got rid of the unnecessary, the poisonous, and became that much less naive.

I realized how lucky I am to have been chosen by my friends and the blessing it is to have that kind of security.

I learned that it's in my control to be the person I want to be which is so much better than the one I had been.

I learned just how much a mother will do for her daughter.

I learned that no matter what we go through, no matter what's said, and no matter how dark it gets, he's the one - he will always be the one and I thank God for him.

I'm another year older for sure. But for all that's happened I'm stronger...I'm more knowing...and I'm going to be just fine.

Welcome 32.

No comments: