Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My List

I know, 3 posts in less than 12 hours. CA-RAZY!

Anyway, I've got it. After over a year of falling into a rut and not having the resources or creativity to do anything about it, it's back. The decorating itch. And it needs some scratchin'.

I'm suddenly overwhelmed with ideas! Ideas for the girls' rooms, ideas for the kitchen, even ideas for the garage. I know! So the creativity's back. But the resources? Notsomuch. So I've decided to make a list. A list of the stuff I want to do to make our house feel more like a home because, quite frankly, it's about darn time the way it looks matched the way it feels. So here it is (not the complete list but more than enough to get me started):

Kitchen
  1. Build an island. I want it to have a wood top and decorative legs. Pretty simple, eh? But I can't find one. Actually, I can't find one the perfect size for the perfect price, like, almost free :).
  2. Remove my wall decal. Love the words, can't stand the thing behind it. Not sure what I was thinking.
  3. Get new countertops. One of the pricier to-dos so hopefully I can find a mama-worthy deal (fingers crossed!).
  4. Get wood blinds for the door.
  5. Add a wreath to the back door.
  6. Fix the screen doorknob (ahem, if only my dear husband read this).
  7. Get a new sink and faucet.
Living/Dining Room
  1. (Maybe) add wainscoting to the walls. Haven't decided yet.
  2. Get new, more formal dining chairs to go better with my new favorite chair but ONLY if I can manage to sell mine.
  3. Get place settings for the dining table.
  4. Make a plates display on the dining area wall.
  5. Restain my supercute new chair.
  6. Get coffee and side tables (or something that will serve their purpose).
  7. Get a "dresser" that will serve as a mini buffet.
Family Room
  1. Paint the fireplace wall.
  2. Redo vamp the fireplace and paint/stain it.
  3. Change our blinds and add curtains.
  4. Put up shelves.
  5. Patch up holes.
  6. Freshen up pictures
Ok, I think I should stop here for now. I need a starting point and I think this is plenty. Now I just need to get started! Hmmmm....but where????

No comments: