Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Go Shorty! It's Your Birthday!

Happy Birthday to me.

31.  Huh.  A sensible time to reflect I guess.  And as much as I'd love to write some great post showcasing the depth I'm sure to have grown in my last 31 years or wallowing in the thought of now being 30-something I just can't.  Truth is I'm purty dang happy with where I am - where I am, how old I am, and what I've become.

I hesitate to say "I've been through a lot" because, well, who hasn't?  But I will say I had a good share of obstacles that could very well have led me down a very different path.  So all in all to have ended up in this life has been a blessing I wouldn't have even known to ask for - a roof over our heads, food on our table, our own business, two baby girls that are quite possibly as close to perfect as they come, and a husband that's right up there with them.  I've had a great job, worked my way through college, and have made a handful of incredible friends that have become family.  I've tried to be a good sister, daughter, mama, friend, and wife and I can say whole-heartedly that I've been successful.  I have become someone I a
m proud to be.  31 years in the making and here I am.  And I'm overcome.

So yep, here's to a very Happy Birthday to me :).

And my very favorite thing about this birthday.....because last year there was one missing :)

No comments: