Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Dearest Ana,

Today's the day. Today is your day. Your very big third birthday. You're officially no longer a baby. Somewhere between your little infant snore and your acquired knack for singing everything, you've grown up.

You've grown up to be a talker, a chit chatter really. Sometimes you're content in pure silence. But when it strikes you, you chit chat with the best of them. You go on and on and on and on and I. LOVE. IT. The things that you say crack me up, melt my heart, and boil my blood.

You know SO MUCH. You know things I've never taught you. You teach me things I didn't realize I should know. You have a memory like nobody's business that can get Mommy in trouble sometimes but a lot of times (like when I'm looking for my keys) it comes in very handy :).

You are becoming the very best sister we could ever dream of for Miss Maddie. Your concern for her when she cries overwhelms me. The way you talk to her in your sweet mommy voice chokes me up. Sure, you still have your moments with her and have single-handedly taught her the words "mine!" and "no!" but there is no doubt in my mind that you will be this little girl's very best friend.

How in the world you could be everything I've ever wanted in life, everything I've every wanted to be, is beyond me. Before you, I didn't believe perfection existed. You're a sweet potato. You're hilarious. You love to laugh. You're feisty. You're so smart. You're so witty. You're a stinker. You love big. You have such incredible concern for Mommy, Daddy, and Maddie. You're stubborn. You're sassy. YOU ARE EVERYTHING.


I love you.

xoxo,
Mama

No comments: