Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 1: I'm Fat

OK. As previously stated, this is it. I'm hanging out here at rock bottom feelin' all sorry for myself thinking I've never looked or felt so out of shape. I spent the weekend partyin' it up down here but today's a new day. It's a new week and I'm ready to make some changes. I realize I must be completely crazy to try and get my act together right before Christmas. I get that I must be delusional to hop on a diet as we approach countless get-togethers where food is the guest of honor. But I need to do this and I need to do it now.

So today I start a diet. A full-out-count-my-calories-never-actually-done-this-before diet. This is new for me and I'm not sure how either of us will do (me and food) but I NEED TO DO IT. And this is where I'm going to write all about it. This is where I'm going to hold myself accountable.

So here's the plan:
  1. Take in between 1300 t0 1500 calories a day with room to "induldge" on party days.
  2. Rethink my definition of "induldge". It does NOT have to mean that I eat until I physically, not just figuritively, need to roll out of a party.
  3. Do some sort of exercise each day. Even the smallest effort will count!
  4. Do NOT weigh myself. Numbers only discourage so instead I'll measure my successes but how I feel and what the heck I can fit into.
  5. Find a target pair of pants that I'm dying to get into.
  6. Write about my successes and failures at least 3 times a week.
So this is Day 1. And I'm fat. I feel fat. I look fat. My clothes keeping screaming at me "You're fat!!! I don't fit you!!!!" So ok, we go from here. This is where I begin so here I gooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anju said...

Hi Massiel,

I just now came across your blog from your Facebook. I did not know you blog! I did start one but never updated it!!

And, BTW you are not FAT!! You look just as ravishing as I have known you!!

Anju