Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Little Things She Does

True, every baby does their share of adorable, just-wanna-pinch-your-cheeks kind of stuff. They all babble and smile those precious gummy smiles. But one thing I've found is that what makes them truly irresistible, spectacularly yummy, is the unique little things they develop on their own.

With Ana it was the way she would (and still does) tilt her head to the side when anyone asked her "who's so cute?". Oh, the utter cuteness. She started doing this at about 8 months so you can imagine the crowds she's pleased with this little trick over the years. And then came her complete amusement with feet - especially those feet that would wave to her. She would laugh without abandon if you talked to her with your feet. Hilarious.

So how lucky am I to witness as my precious little Madelyn begins to develop her own unique cuteness? She's already racked up a few "Maddie-isms" but there are two that especially throw her way off the cute-o-meter. She rocks. Most times when she's excited about something, sometimes for no reason at all. She just rocks. And she does it ferociously. If you've ever held her while she does it you know exactly what I'm talking about. And (drum roll please)..... she dances! Finally I have my little dancer! She shakes her entire little body and bops her head. What a sight! She started doing it when Anthony would put her down for a nap and sing to her and now she'll do it out of no where, with music or without, while she's on the floor or being held. I LOVE it.

I'll be honest and admit I have been trying to teach her Ana's "who's so cute?" thing just because it's so darn adorable, but I should've known that Miss Maddie is not to be outdone by her big sister. And Mommy, being the oh-so-better-prepared-second-time-around mommy, has once again managed to get my cutie in all her glory on video.

Enjoy!


No comments: